I was delighted to find this recipe by Dr. Frank Lipman. The original recipe was made as a bread, but I really wanted to have a muffin as an afternoon snack!
It is very easy to make and the baking time is only 20 minutes.
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/4 cup golden flaxseed meal
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1) Place almond flour, coconut flour, flax, salt and baking soda in a food processor and pulse the ingredients together.
2) Add in eggs, oil, honey and vinegar and pulse.
3) Pour batter into 6 lined muffin cups and bake for 20 minutes. Bake at 200 Celsius (392 Fahrenheit)
This muffins are very filling and they go well with a cup of tea or coffee. If you want a touch of sweetness you can spread jam or honey!